My Avatar

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tool 10 - Underneath it All - Digital Citizenship

There were several things I looked at and listened to on Atomic Learning that I will share with my students when we start working online in the classroom.  One was Creative Commons.  I liked how Creative Commons gave people a way to copyright their creativity that they post online.  This was a very informative presentation and it would be something I would talk to students about.  It is the other side of plagiary.  It protects students from having their ideas and designs copied and someone else taking credit for their work.

Another thing I would like to make students aware of is Cyberbullying.  We would spend some time discussing this concept and what to do about it if they should find themselves feeling bullied online.

And finally, I liked the idea of putting together an Internet safety poster that discusses things that will keep students safe online.  I would have it displayed in the classroom and we could refer to it throughout the year if students forget about the rules on how to be good digital citizens.

As for how I would share digital citizenship with parents, I would have lessons posted online so parents could see for themselves the lessons that their children are learning in class.  I would also be quick to direct parents to resources that I have found to help them keep their children safe online.

No comments:

Post a Comment