My Avatar

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tool 7 - Reaching outside your classroom

For my collaborative project, I would like to have the students work with other groups in the classroom for a month.  I would like the students (groups of 3 each) to research some stock investments and pick 5 stocks they would like to track over the course of May.  They will see what type of profits they would have made if they had invested $10,000 with these 5 companies.  I would like the students to use Google docs to communicate with group members as well as communicate with other groups within the classroom.  Students can sell stocks that are not doing well and buy other companies that might be doing better.  They can seek advice from the internet sources like Fidelity, Charles Schwab, etc.  They can also discuss ideas on Google docs with their groups and classmates.

The goal will be to make the most profit at the end of the 4 week period.

1 comment: